Frequently asked questions:

There is no fixed cost, as fees vary according to the category and value of goods as well as the countries being visited. Costs will however be a fraction of the value of items covered. Feel free to get in touch with us for a free quotation.

We provide either a 1-2 day standard service or a same day express service for an additional fee.

Yes – A Carnet may be issued in the name of an individual or company who must be a permanent resident in the UK. A Carnet may be used by any person providing the user carries a letter from the Carnet holder authorising them to handle/be responsible for the Carnet on their behalf. The Carnet holder may also allow an agent to handle the Carnet through customs on their behalf, again providing that the agent holds a letter of authority.

No – Once a Carnet has been issued, no additional items can be added to the list of goods. A new Carnet covering the additional items will need to be issued.

Any combination of items on the Carnet list may be taken, however, you must ensure that only the items that you have taken are declared on the relevant Carnet vouchers/counterfoils.

ATA Carnets are valid for 12 months. Some customs authorities may be prepared to extend the period of temporary admission by granting approval for a replacement Carnet. Foreign customs written consent/approval along with issuing fee and security fee will need to be provided to us before we can apply for a replacement Carnet to be issued.

The Carnet must be returned to us intact. Please ensure that you keep a copy of the Carnet for your records and once received, we will pass onto the Chamber of Commerce to review and establish whether it has been used correctly. They will advise the Carnet holder of any action required to minimise exposure to foreign customs i.e. missing Carnet sheets/counterfoils will delay the Carnet file being closed.

All imports and exits from Carnet countries must be discharged correctly by the relevant customs. If this has not been done, then foreign customs will lodge a claim via the Chamber of Commerce. The Carnet holder is given a period of 6 months from the date of claim to provide suitable evidence to confirm that the goods have been repatriated. The only forms of evidence acceptable to foreign customs are correctly endorsed Carnets or a certificate of location issued by HMRC, confirming that the goods were repatriated before the Carnet expired. Failure to provide such evidence will result in duties or penalties by foreign customs. The Carnet holder is fully responsible for any such charges.